ASP.Net Stored Password Expiring

Elroyskimms

The form has two text fields... one called txtEmail and one called
txtPassword. The username is the email address (txtEmail) and the
password is txtPassword.

Storing cookie using the following code:
Response.Cookies("Email").Value = txtEMail.Text
Response.Cookies("Email").Expires = DateTime.Now.AddDays(30)

The cookie is accessed using the following code:
txtEMail.Text = Request.Cookies("Email").Value

The cookie info is retrieved properly... I don't think there is an
issue there. When I access the page, I am prompted to store the
password (as I should be). If I login again, the password is retrieved
properly by IE (v6.0). But 24 hours later, if I attempt to login, the
stored password is not retrieved. The stored cookie info. is retrieved
properly but the password field is not populated. Is there something
else that needs to be done to get IE to store the password properly?

Jignesh Desai

Hi,

Programmatically you can;t assign value to password fields. aka (HTML <input
type=password>)

A quick workaround trick,
onLoad event of html use javascript to paste retrieved password into
password textbox.

Regards,
Jignesh Desai
www.dotnetjini.com

Aaron Asbra

I think you misunderstood the problem. I am not trying to populate the
password textbox programmatically . IE is storing the password
automatically, but after 24 hours, the password is no longer available
and I am prompted to save it again. Any ideas?