asp:TextBox wrap not working

Rob (Redmond)

..Net 3.5 and 3.5 SP1
Browsers: IE7, FireFox, Safari

asp:TextBox is not auto wrapping when you type off the edge of the control
for me in any project.

I have Wrap="true" and I also have TextMode="MultiLine" and I have either
height/width or rows/cols set.

It thinks it is working as the Vertical ScrollBar IS present and the
Horizontal Scrollbar is NOT present (as it should be). The only failing part
here is that when typing off the edge of the text area (with spaces after
every word) it wont automatically wrap. I can hit enter and that works fine
to move to the next line.

How is this meant to work? (Via styles?) Should I override it with a
style? I like the convenience of using Asp:TextBox properties. Is anyone
else having this issue when both Wrap and TextMode are set properly? Could
it be linked to some AJAX stuff or Telerik or anything else that somehow
could be interfering with the textarea control?

Nathan Sokalski

I'm still using ASP.NET 2.0, and I have not tried it, but have you even
tried using styles yet? They may be a little less convenient is some cases,
especially when dynamically setting properties, but they also require a
little less processing and allow you to put things like the width, color,
font, etc. in a single tag, so it is good to use it instead of the
properties that are directly mapped to style properties. Anyway, I would see
if this works, since it will tell you whether the problem is occurring
server-side or client-side (or you could just do a view source in your
browser). Good Luck!