ASP/VBScript to randomly select name from csv?

Scott Gordo

<!--Newbie warning-->
I've got a csv file with names, addresses, emails, etc.
I've been asked to randomly select a name from a csv file.
I've found plenty of RandNum examples, but I'm not sure how to apply it
to these names.
Can anyone point out a sample I could use?
TIA!
Scott

Scott Gordo

Scott said:
<!--Newbie warning-->
I've got a csv file with names, addresses, emails, etc.
I've been asked to randomly select a name from a csv file.
I've found plenty of RandNum examples, but I'm not sure how to apply it
to these names.
Can anyone point out a sample I could use?
TIA!
Scott

Sorry, buy RandNum I meant Randomize.
/s

MikeR

Scott said:
Sorry, buy RandNum I meant Randomize.
/s
Read the file into an array. Use a random number (generated so that it
is within the bounds of the array) to index into the array.
MikeR