  1. aspnet_regiis.exe -ga <wihdows user account>

    grants access to IIS Metabase directories so specified account.

    How to remove access ?

    John A Grandy, Sep 11, 2007

  2. re:
    !> How to remove access ?

    Grant access to a different account.

    Doing that will *replace* the first account with the new account.
    What -GA does is map the new account to the ASP.NET process.

    Only one account can be mapped as the account ASP.NET runs as.

    Juan T. Llibre, Sep 11, 2007

  3. Wow. I totally misunderstood that option.

    So, if I run aspnet_regiis.exe -i , one of the things it will do is map the
    local ASPNET account to the ASP.NET worker process ?

    John A Grandy, Sep 12, 2007