aspnet_wp running out of memory after project deployment

Andy Klare

We are seeing that the aspnet_wp is running out of memory shortly after
deploying changes to a project. We use Visual Studio Copy Project and
sometimes copy the files manually using copy and paste. This would be a
..NET 1.1 project.

Has anyone experienced this and is there a solution or procedure that can
reduce it?

Thanks,
Andy

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

there can be several causes:

1) leaking unmanged memory - usualy not releasing com objects
2) leaking managed memory - not disposing a manged resource that has
unmanaged memory.
3) overuse of session. storing too large of objects in session.

you can use the win32 debugger with sos.dll to track down your problems:

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Andy Klare

Thanks Bruce,
I think a member of my team has used this before with some success. I will
see if we can take another look at this.
Thanks Again,
Andy

Andy Klare

We have tried running these tools and so far have not found anything. I
suppose we could be missing something. If there are any specific things to
look for using these tools maybe that would help.

Thanks!