ASPState Database

Ed

I presently have an ASP.NET 2.0 application in production, that uses a state
database "ASPState". I have another seperate application that has the same
requirment.
Is there any problem with using the same state "ASPState" database, for this
new application. Any special configuration issues to be aware of?

Thanks in advance..

Stan

I presently have an ASP.NET 2.0 application in production, that uses a state
database "ASPState".   I have another seperate application that has the same
requirment.
Is there any problem with using the same state "ASPState" database, for this
new application.  Any special configuration issues to be aware of?

Thanks in advance..

Presumably you are talking about an SQL server database.

It doesn't matter what the application is or how many different ones
are using it. The issues will be (if any) to do with overall traffic
and level of demand etc. Performance issues of this kind can arise
even when there is only one application. In the end it has more to do
with the number of concurrent users rather than the number of
applications.

So the answer is (basically) no.