aspx app fails for some people only

G Dean Blake

I have what I thought was a working aspx app. But on some of my clients
machines it does not work.

I have found that it is failing in, for instance, a
ListBox1_SelectedIndexChanged event where:

myString = ListBox1.SelectedItem.ToString()

produces nothing in the string. I know the listbox is full of items.

What kind of browser settings could cause my app to fail on this system.
This user says they are using I.E.

Thanks,

Marina

Maybe those users didn't pick an item. So even though the listbox is full of
them, they did not select one.

Marina

Oops, didn't read the post carefully enough as far as the event this is
hapenning in.
I don't know of a particular setting. I would get info on the OS version and
IE version of clients having this problem.

In the mean time, you can change your code to make sure there is a selected
item, to at least give the user a friendly error message in case they are
one of the exceptions.