ASPX Page loads slowly

Samy

Hi There,
I have a stored procedure which takes 7 sec to execute. I am using a
adapter and filling the dataset. Then I bind the datagrid with the
datatable from the dataset. When I test the page against the test
server DB, the page loads pretty fast. When I test the page against the
production server DB, it loads too slowly. The tables against which I
am testing are static tables both in the test DB and the production DB.
I am unable to figure out why it is behaving like this. Can anyone
please help me in this issue?

Thanks a lot.
Samy

Brock Allen

If this data is static, then I'd suggest caching it to avoid that 7 second
wait. If this data must be dynamic and reloaded each time then I'd suggest
looking at and profiling the SQL to figure out what's taking so long.

Teemu Keiski

Hi,

first of all, is there any chance to optimize the procedure? Do you have
indexes etc query structure correctly and done as much performance in mind
as possible?

When you say you test the Page for production DB, di you also have the page
on different server or on the same?

Samy

Hi There,
Thanks for the replies. To be clear, the data I am getting is not
static. Each time the selections (ids ) change and based on the
selections I call the stored proc passing the ids. So the data I
retrieve changes each time.
Secondly, I think the stored proc is optimized. I can post the SProc if
you want me to.
I am testing the page on my local machine against the development
server (different machine) and production server((different machine).
Thanks.

Teemu Keiski

Is the columns/Are the columns that you use as restriction (columns in WHERE
clause) covered by an index? Do you use subqueries or something that would
slow it down, or is it just simple select?

Samy

Hi There,
I executed the stored proc from a diff machine. And seems the time
drastically reduced to less than a sec. So probably something is wrong
with my machine...
Thanks for all your suggestions.