Attribute Error in xml.sax.saxutils.XMLGenerator on Arch Linux (64bit)

Andreas Hasenkopf

Hi there,
after switching from Ubuntu to Arch Linux I noticed a disturbing problem
in a Python script I wrote (see
http://sourceforge.net/projects/emcdutilityprog/files/).
Using Windows (Python 2.6) and Ubuntu 11.04 (Python 2.7) I did not
experience any problems.
Using Arch Linux (Python 2.7) I got the following errors:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/bin/emcd", line 1663, in settings_dialog
self.settings.dialog(self.window)
File "/usr/local/bin/emcd", line 1502, in dialog
self.save()
File "/usr/local/bin/emcd", line 1445, in save
self.prepare_writing()
File "/usr/local/bin/emcd", line 1414, in prepare_writing

self.xmltree.startElementNS((None,u'EELS-GUI-Settings'),u'EELS-GUI-Settings',attrs,True)
File "/usr/local/bin/emcd", line 1352, in startElementNS
self._write('\t'*self.counter)
AttributeError: Generator instance has no attribute '_write'

I'm using the '_write' method in an instance Generator, which has
xml.sax.saxutils.XMLGenerator as parent. I'm using it to make the
resulting xml file more readable for humans.

Have you encountered a similar problem? Maybe you could suggest me some
possible solutions to my little problem?

Thanks a lot
Andi

--
Andreas Hasenkopf