Audio Codec DE2-115

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by FPGA_guru, Feb 22, 2012.

  1. FPGA_guru

    FPGA_guru

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2010
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Canada
    Hi ,

    I have developed a embedded controller in VHDL to send I2C commands to the audio codec on DE2-115 board i.e WM8731.

    When i send the programming data over I2C for it to send ADC data and i send it back into DAC . It works but everytime i program the FPGA , i hear clicking noise along with the sample audio from left or sometimes from right . And then i reset it again and i can still hear audio as if the device is shorted from inside and it is always transmitting ADC data ??,

    I have taken a screen shot of audio data coming in from ADC and whats going into DAC , and this is when there is no audio input to ADC , and i can see some pulses there ??

    Although on the DE2-115 schematic the mic line is grounded , there should not be any noise on this line .

    Any clues ??

    Attached Files:

    FPGA_guru, Feb 22, 2012

  2. FPGA_guru

    olivierace13

    Joined:
    Dec 20, 2013
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Please,
    Can you send to send me your code VHDL to send IC commands to the audio ?
    Thank you very much
    Olivier France

    olivierace13, Dec 20, 2013