Authentication features in ASP.NET 2.0

Peter Afonin

Hello,

I'm still learning the new Authentication features in ASP.NET 2.0. Two
things I cannot figure out:

1. It's easy to change user profile and password. But how about the main
login information? It has user name, email, security question and answer.
I've just found out that there is no easy way to change the user name, which
kind of makes sense. But the user must be able to change at least an email
address. Is there a way to do this, or I have to do it in old fashioned way
using stored procedure?

2. When the user recovers his password, he gets this e-mail message:

Please return to the site and log in using the following information.
User Name: pav
Password: ;o}OV$*y:EGTg#

Where can I change the text of this message? I'm making a web site in
Russian, so I must translate it and include some other instructions.

I would appreciate your advice.

Thank you,

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Peter Afonin said:
Hello,

I'm still learning the new Authentication features in ASP.NET 2.0. Two
things I cannot figure out:

1. It's easy to change user profile and password. But how about the main
login information? It has user name, email, security question and answer.
I've just found out that there is no easy way to change the user name,
which kind of makes sense. But the user must be able to change at least an
email address. Is there a way to do this, or I have to do it in old
fashioned way using stored procedure?

MembershipUser user = Membership.GetUser("userName");

user.Email = "(e-mail address removed)";

Membership.UpdateUser(user);

2. When the user recovers his password, he gets this e-mail message:

Please return to the site and log in using the following information.
User Name: pav
Password: ;o}OV$*y:EGTg#

Where can I change the text of this message? I'm making a web site in
Russian, so I must translate it and include some other instructions.

Not sure on this one yet, as we are still working on it.

Peter Afonin

Thank you, Greg, I'll try this.

Peter