Authentication to remote object ???

serge calderara

Dear all,

I have buid a remote object library hosted in a windows service runing under
Local system context.
My service is runing on a Vista buisness machine and my client runing on an
XP machine.
From my client I am login as User1. When I am calling my remote compoenent I
would like to pass through the TCP chanel my Client user context in order to
verify from my server component if my client user have right to access the
database. if yes then I am storing User1 information to my dedicated table.

If I check the context of my remote object when call, it shows
NTAUTHORITY\SYSTEM which is normal as my servcie is running under Local
System. I have read that TCPChannel in .NET 2.0 is capable of passing through
SSI credential to remote object but then how can I read byck those passed
credential when in my remote object class ?

I guess I need to build maybe custom authentication mecanism usisn
channelSink, if yes how to do it in order to be able to read the client User
which request database connection ?

thnaks for help
regards
serge