Authentication with HttpWebRequest

Tosco

I used to use WebBrowser in VB6, and now I want to learn how to use
WebRequest in vb.net, but I'm having 2 problems.

1) Is it normal that the automatic redirection doesn't work when the
page contains this?

If I use WebBrowser.Navigate in VB6 with this redirection works.

2) How do I get the content of a page after the authentication done
like this?
https://www.sitename.com/login.jsp?Username=xxx&Password=yyy"

If I use WebBrowser.Navigate in VB6 with this URI to login, then
WebBrowser.Navigate again with other URIs to receive the pages of the
user xxx, everything works fine:

But if I use HttpWebRequest.Create with this URI to login, then
HttpWebRequest.Create again with other URIs I get a page telling me
that I'm not signed in.

I don't know how the authentication is works, I only know that I
cannot use Credentials because in that website it doesn't work (I
don't know why, I was told in another post, but with no explanation).

Perhaps the second HttpWebRequest.Create doesn't send back
information
about the current session gathered on the first one?