Automated Test Data for XML files

Ravi Shankar Nair

Hi all,

I have an XML file which shows the structure of a certain document, may be a
deplyment descriptor or so. Is there any open source tool with which I can
create some test data for the XML ?

Best regards,
Ravi

Oliver Wong

Ravi Shankar Nair said:
I have an XML file which shows the structure of a certain document, may be
deplyment descriptor or so. Is there any open source tool with which I can
create some test data for the XML ?

Do you mean that you DON'T have an XML file yet, and you want to
generate a test XML file to use with your program? If so, then as long as
you have a DTD or a Schema, then yes, you can generate test XML files. I
don't know of any open source solutions for that though. They all cost
money.

Otherwise, all I can think of is that you want to somehow give data to
the XML file. Unless that XML file represents a program of some sort, I
don't see what it could do with the data. If the XML file IS a program, we'd
probably need more details on what it does to offer advice.

- Oliver

Ravi Shankar Nair

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for the response.

Yes, you are correct. I have a DTD or Schema. Now I need to generate an XML
file corresponsing to that DTD or Schema.

SUn has an XML Instance generator. I am querying all whether any other open
source tool is available for this, thanks

Regards,
Ravi