Automated Zip File Creation

Smithers

I have indeed googled this group and googled the 'net, and what I came up
with was that if I want to have an automated process that ZIPs a file, I
need to come up with 600 bucks for PKWare's server product.

There has to be something much much much more affordable than that.

I'd appreciate any recommendations for how I could proceed to automate the
zipping of files on Windows Server 2003 (standard). I don't mind writing a
batch file that kicks off some command-lind process. What I need
recommendations on is the software that actually does the task of zipping...
and something that's affordable (I don't mind paying something reasonable).
Low-tech is fine as long as I can tell it the target file (the one to be
compressed) and the destination (the resulting zip file name).

Thanks!

AlexL [Xceed]

Hi Steve,

Just a quick correction, since you have posted this type of response
at least once before. The URL for Xceed Zip for .NET and ASP.NET is
actually the following one:

http://www.xceedsoft.com/products/zipnet

Thanks,
Alex

If I was you I'd first try using the J# zip classes:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/03/06/ZipCompression/default.aspx

Or you should be able to use this code:
http://www.icsharpcode.net/Ope­nSource/SharpZipLib/Default.as­px

Or you could consider calling a command line utility like this:
http://www.i386.info/software/­zip23xn.zip

Or you could consider a 3rd party component such as this:
http://www.xceedzip.com/

--
Alex Leblanc
Xceed Software Inc.

Check out our advanced .NET grid and SmartUI controls

Email: (e-mail address removed) (remove the first 'x')