Automating keytool -genkey

O.B.

I'd like to automate keystore generation. From viewing the keytool's
help, it is not documented how to set the First/Last Name, Org Unit,
Organization, City, State, and Country via command line.

Currently, I'm having to execute:
/java/bin/keytool -genkey -alias serverkeys -keyalg RSA -keystore
server.keystore -storepass password -keypass password

And then handle the inputstream prompts as they are presented by the
tool. I'd rather have the capability have this all in one command with
no interaction required. Help?

Ronny Schuetz

O.B. said:
I'd like to automate keystore generation. From viewing the keytool's
help, it is not documented how to set the First/Last Name, Org Unit,
Organization, City, State, and Country via command line.

Currently, I'm having to execute:
/java/bin/keytool -genkey -alias serverkeys -keyalg RSA -keystore
server.keystore -storepass password -keypass password

And then handle the inputstream prompts as they are presented by the
tool. I'd rather have the capability have this all in one command with
no interaction required. Help?

Check the -dname option and RFC 1779 for formatting information
(http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1779.html).