autotest, rspec with rails 3

Rajinder Yadav

Hello I am on Kubuntu and autotest doesn't seem to run the rspec tests
after a file change has been saved?

Also has anyone got a GUI notifier setup working on KDE, I would like
this get that working too!

The rspec test is run once only.

I've added the following to Gemfile

gem "autotest"

group :development, :test do
gem "rspec-rails", ">= 2.0.1"
end

group :test do
gem 'rspec'
gem 'webrat'
end

Gems on my system are:

*** LOCAL GEMS ***

abstract (1.0.0)
actionmailer (3.0.1, 3.0.0)
actionpack (3.0.1, 3.0.0)
activemodel (3.0.1, 3.0.0)
activerecord (3.0.1, 3.0.0)
activeresource (3.0.1, 3.0.0)
activesupport (3.0.1, 3.0.0)
arel (2.0.1, 1.0.1)
authlogic (2.1.6)
autotest (4.4.1)
autotest-rails-pure (4.1.0)
babosa (0.2.0)
bcrypt-ruby (2.1.2)
builder (2.1.2)
bundler (1.0.3, 1.0.2, 1.0.0)
calendar_date_select (1.16.1)
devise (1.1.3, 1.1.2)
diff-lcs (1.1.2)
erubis (2.6.6)
fastri (0.3.1.1)
forgery (0.3.4)
friendly_id (3.1.7)
grackle (0.1.10)
gruff (0.3.6)
i18n (0.4.1)
json (1.4.6)
mail (2.2.7, 2.2.6.1)
mechanize (1.0.0)
mime-types (1.16)
minitest (1.7.2, 1.6.0)
nifty-generators (0.4.2, 0.4.1)
nokogiri (1.4.3.1)
oauth (0.4.3)
patron (0.4.9)
polyglot (0.3.1)
rack (1.2.1)
rack-mount (0.6.13)
rack-test (0.5.6, 0.5.4)
rails (3.0.1, 3.0.0)
railties (3.0.1, 3.0.0)
rake (0.8.7)
rdoc (2.5.11, 2.5.8)
RedCloth (4.2.3)
rmagick (2.13.1)
rspec (2.0.0, 2.0.0.rc)
rspec-core (2.0.0, 2.0.0.rc)
rspec-expectations (2.0.0, 2.0.0.rc)
rspec-mocks (2.0.0, 2.0.0.rc)
rspec-rails (2.0.1, 2.0.0, 2.0.0.rc)
sqlite3-ruby (1.3.1)
thor (0.14.3, 0.14.1)
tiny_mce (0.1.4)
tkri (0.9.5)
treetop (1.4.8)
tzinfo (0.3.23)
w3c_validators (1.0.2)
warden (1.0.1, 0.10.7)
webrat (0.7.1)
will_paginate (3.0.pre2, 2.3.15)

Brian Candler

This is the mailing list for Ruby, the programming language.

Problems with Rails, the web framework, are best asked in a Rails forum.

Rajinder Yadav

This is the mailing list for Ruby, the programming language.

Problems with Rails, the web framework, are best asked in a Rails forum.
Don't people use rspec in ruby for testing?

Rajinder Yadav

This is the mailing list for Ruby, the programming language.

Problems with Rails, the web framework, are best asked in a Rails forum.
I guess my question was more about autotest, not rails testing, it seems
autotest doesn't auto run the test and i was wondering if others using
kubunut had any success