Avoiding query timeouts in ASP.NET ?

Sten Westerback

Hi

We are using ASP.NET on IIS5 to process requests
in a database.

How can one make choices in the .aspx based on
if a user has or hasn't changed a field? Is it possible
to control the ASP.NET environment by use of
some client side scripting ( ?changes=yes to URL)
or is there a way to tell in .aspx which Label elements
has changed?
Only solution i can think of currently is to query the
DB and then do an field by field comparision. Is that
the best way?

- Sten

Bob Barrows [MVP]

question to a group where those dotnet-savvy people hang out. I suggest
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.adonet.

Kristofer Gafvert

Hello,

Be very carefully when trusting client side code. A client can very easily
fake a change, when nothing has changed, and can cause problems depending on
what your application is about.

One way to solve your problem is to use hidden fields.

I suggest that you try in a newsgroup about ASP.NET, for example:

M. Posseth

well this is pretty easy to acomplish on the client ( HTML ) side, if you
add handling code to the onchange event of a html textbox control
you can then post these changed values to a hidden frame