Balanced binary tree implementation

Lucas P Melo

Hello,

I would like to use a balanced binary tree implementation (preferably
within some API).
Any hints about where I could find it?

I am looking for something that implements insertion, deletion, search
and a special search that returns the lesser element bigger than a given
key [1].

A nice possibility would be an extensible API that allows me to inherit
its classes and to add operations myself.

Thanks in advance.

[1] Ex: 1 2 3 4 5 6 are elements of the bbt. If I use this operation
given 4 as the parameter, the value returned would be 5.

Piet van Oostrum

Lucas P Melo said:
LPM> Hello,
LPM> I would like to use a balanced binary tree implementation (preferably
LPM> within some API).
LPM> Any hints about where I could find it?
LPM> I am looking for something that implements insertion, deletion, search and
LPM> a special search that returns the lesser element bigger than a given key
LPM> [1].
LPM> A nice possibility would be an extensible API that allows me to inherit its
LPM> classes and to add operations myself.
LPM> Thanks in advance.
LPM> [1] Ex: 1 2 3 4 5 6 are elements of the bbt. If I use this operation given
LPM> 4 as the parameter, the value returned would be 5.

http://newcenturycomputers.net/projects/rbtree.html (warning: see end of
page!)

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/rbtree/

http://pyavl.sourceforge.net/