BASIC authentication in .NET

James

When using BASIC authentication in a .NET application, with cookie managed
sessionState, do the login credentials have to be sent with each request, or
only with the first one?

What about with Digest?

Thanks!

Joe Kaplan

Login credentials are sent with each request for both. The server verifies
the credentials with each request. HTTP auth does not use cookies, so HTTP
auth isn't related to cookies.

Why do you ask?

Joe K.

James

That's what I thought. I have a Java application on a Solaris that is going
to consume .NET web services. It will use Basic authentication. I was
wondering whether I had to maintain a cookie for that, or if I just send the
credentials with every request.

--
James