BC2017 error

PMK

XP SP2

I create a new web app in VS2005 SP1 and immediately try to view the
default.asp page. I get error BC2017 "could not find library
'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_32\System.EnterpriseServices\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.EnterpriseServices.dll'"

I've found other references to this error that suggest either cleaning
out temp files, which I tried, or the MS KB artice at
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/897299/en-us?spid=7796&sid=118 which
suggests registering the dll. I tried that. It fails with error:
Failure adding assembly to the cache: The system cannot find the
file specified.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Peter

Guest

Failure adding assembly to the cache: The system cannot find the
file specified.

Peter,

acc. to KB897299, the workaround is "to register the DLL in the global
assembly cache by using the following command":

gacutil -i DriveLetter:\YourPath\YourAssemblyName.dll

and you should try to execute

gacutil -i C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework
\v2.0.50727\System.EnterpriseServices.dll

where the System.EnterpriseServices DLL is located.

However, I would recommend to reinstall the .NET Framework.

Hope, it helps

PMK

Hi Alexey,

Yes, the second registration did it. I did a lot of searching, but
never found any reference to that!

Thanks a lot,

Peter