Beginner Question

Seth Fuller

Is there a way to mimic the IIS on a personal computer. I am learning
Access and VBScript and would like to play around with ASP before plunging
into a server lease.

I have:
Windows 98
MS Explorer 5.0
FrontPage 2000.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Seth

CB

Microsoft had a free product, as I recall, known as Personal Web Server, which ran only on Windows 98. It might be hard to find now (1998 being nearly 75 years ago), but you might try just searching the download section of the Microsoft Website. Be glad you don't have XP home edition -- you would be bleep out of luck

PWS was quite capable of running ASP applications, and would serve as part of a development and test environment.

Bullschmidt

Or if great price is what you're after you may want to look into
www.best-machine.com where currently for $4.50/mo total you can set up 5
domains (i.e. separate Web sites).

Best regards,
http://www.Bullschmidt.com