best book about Webdesign with Django

News123

Hi,

Do you have any recommendations for a good book about Web design with
Django?

Thanks for suggestions.

Thomas Guettler

Hi,

Do you have any recommendations for a good book about Web design with
Django?

You can do web design with HTML, CSS and Javascript. There are a lot
of books about this.

Django is a good web framework. It does not care much about CSS and Javascript.

I guess you need buy two books :)

Thomas

News123

Hi Thomas,

APologies for not being clear enough in my question.

You can do web design with HTML, CSS and Javascript. There are a lot
of books about this.
I'm having some basic knowlege about web
html / css javascript
cgi, wsgi , mysql php /perj / python, javascript

Now I would like to learn a little more about web frame works and
existing libraries to help me manager slightly bigger pojects, which require
- session mamagement
- i18n

So after some first experiments Django looks rather intersting with its
templating, data models and so on.

However I'd like to know whether there is a good book ( cook book style
or a book explaining Django by an example project) about Django.

The online documentation and Goolge is not bad, but sometimes it's
rather time consuming to find some tricks / ideas and I don't want to
bother this group with all the questions which po up over time.

to give some examples of questions which show up

- how to set the language (i18n) on a user basis (I'd like to save
user preferences and make sure, that the page is served in the language,
that I (not the user's browser preference) choose.

- how to best serve static contents with authenification (it seems
xsendfile is the answer)

- how to handle browsing huge database tables with a few thousand
entries. The default admin page provides pulldown lists for choosing
entries, which is no more practical if my tables grow too big, so I
would be interested how to implement a system with slow response times,
where the user starts typing a name list of matching entries is filtered
while typing

- how to best do i18n for text stored in java scripts.

- examples of combining django and jquery

- how to impement django applications, which need to run some time
consuming tasks on the server ( mod_wsgi aemon mode? threading?
multiprocessing? ) and 'notify' ( js polling? ) the web user when the
task is done.

- Anythng wrong with osing the django data model for non web applications.

- time example projects explainign session management

- how to disconnect a user after a certain time of inactivity

I hope I clarified a little what I am interested in.

SO is there nybody who can recommend a good book (or good books) about
django?
Django is a good web framework. It does not care much about CSS and Javascript.

I guess you need buy two books :)

In fact I need tons of books. Still so many things to learn.