    any help will be greatly appreciated!

    Thank you.

    Sirine

    sirine, Jun 10, 2004

  2. sirine

    Moshe Sayag Guest

    Moshe Sayag, Jun 10, 2004

  3. sirine

    Dave Monroe Guest

    There's really no substitute for getting your hands dirty.

    Download the SDK from Sun and mess with it. You'll also find the API
    documentation there.

    Also, don't try to eat the elephant in one bite. Learn the language,
    then work on all of the nuances and extentions (e.g. j2ee, struts,
    etc). It's going to take time. How much time it takes will depend on
    you.

    "Java is a simple language." (from 'Java in a Nutshell', page 5).

    Bullshit!

    Dave Monroe, Jun 10, 2004
  4. sirine

    Liz Guest

    I like to get a book and read it in bed with the radio set to classical or
    new age
    music, some milk and cookies with the cream filling,
    but new age is so hard to find these days on the radio.
    I started with one of the "in 21 days" books and it was pretty good. You
    can highlight whatever you want. Actually trying the examples helps quite a
    bit
    to get the feel of how things work.
    Good luck...

    Liz, Jun 10, 2004
  5. sirine

    Gerry Murphy Guest

    Modesty may prevent Roedy Green from answering, so let me recommend his
    his web site and java glossary, http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jgloss.html
    I, as an experienced engineer but new to Java, have found this site a
    treasure trove. And pay attention to his responses in this newsgroup.

    Good luck,

    Gerry Murphy

    Gerry Murphy, Jun 18, 2004