Beta 2 inherits

sck10

Hello,

I was using the following for my codebehind with VW Developer Beta1:
Imports System
Imports System.Web
Imports System.Web.UI
Imports System.Web.UI.WebControls
Imports System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton
Imports System.Data
Imports System.Data.OLEDB
Imports System.Web.Mail
Partial Class default_aspx

When I created a new page, I got the following.
Partial Class default_aspx
Inherits System.Web.UI.Page

My question is how do I convert what I had in Beta 1 to the new format (Beta
2)?

Bruce Barker

the coding model has been changed. in asp.net 1.0, the aspx page inherited
from the code behind. this caused the following

1) the code behind had to declare the server controls
2) the code behind had to hookup the events
3) to share variables from the codebehind to the aspx page, they had to be
protected

the new model, is thru the partial code model, the code behind and the aspx
page are merged into one il file (but you may think of it as a source
merge).

so to convert code from 1.0 to 2.0

1) change the class def to be a partial
2) remove all those protected declares