Bind() in FormView with server-side tables

Victor Espina

Hi.

I have a FormView associated with an ObjectDataSource. The FormView's
InsertItemTemplate contains several textbox objects bounded with BIND().

Some of these textbox are contained in normal HTML tables:

and some of them are contained in server-side tables (because I need to
show/hide some rows on runtime):

<asp:Table>
<asp:TableRow>
<asp:TableCell> </asp:TableCell>
</asp:TableRow>
</asp:Table>

Textbox contained in HTML tables are being bounded with FormView's
DataItem and pass their values to Insert Command Parameters on the
DataSource, but the ones contained in the server-side tables are not,
and the associated parameters are getting null values after de Insert
command.

There is any solution to this problem besides stop using server-side tables?

TIA

Victor Espina

Eli

How did you use the placeholder to get this to work? I am having the same
issue. I know there is a many work arounds but I'd rather try your method.