bitmap backgrounds?

Greg Locke

Hi All

I am programming MFC Visual C++ using Microsoft Visual Studio.net 2003
under Windows XP professional. I have developed some bitmaps as
graphic overlays for buttons. I had trouble finding a colour for the
bitmap backgrounds from the standard pallette that matched the xp
beige standard button color. Managed to do this by creating one from
RGB numbers in another editor, but I suspect it shouldn't have been
this awkward. I now also need this program to run under windows 98,
where the background of these bitmaps need to be the 98 grey color. I
am guessing that there is a setting or something that enables that
background to be either transparent or automatically vary to the
desktop/pc format, or that the xp beige color can at least be chosen
more easily.

I may be on the wrong list here so I apoligise if that is so, and
politely ask if anyone knows a good list that is active in these sort
of questions. Otherwise if anyone can help me please do. I am on the
verge of developing separate bitmaps but really I suspect this is a
standard problem and is already catered for.

Many thanks
Greg

Alf P. Steinbach

* Greg Locke:
I may be on the wrong list here so I apoligise if that is so, and
politely ask if anyone knows a good list that is active in these sort
of questions.

[comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32]

Victor Bazarov