    dave Guest

    I was able to find a windows emulator for blackberry 7510 on www.blackberry.com/developer. My problem however, is how to setup/configure so that i can browse to web pages from within the emulator
    Can someone help me? It is probably pretty simple but i am unable to find instructions on this.

    dave, May 12, 2004

  2. Hello,

    Is it a emulator like a web browser client? If that, based on my
    experience, we don't need to do anything special. We just need to use MMIT
    to create a mobile web application. Type the page address in the emulator
    and it will browse to the content of the page automatically.

    Also, I browsed that web site and found the following page, which may be
    useful to you:

    http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe?func=ll&objId=3
    48675&objAction=browse&sort=name
    It contains user guide of blackberry 7210.

    You can also submit your question at:
    https://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterservices/efaq/searchpage.asp?link=
    ptf

    Hope that helps.

    Best regards,
    Yanhong Huang
    Microsoft Community Support

    Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT], May 13, 2004

  3. dave

    dave Guest

    After further reseach i did find that there was a mobile data service (MDS) simulater that had to be installed first. This solved my problem

    I do however, have another problem. I can install MMIT and when a user browses to my web page how can i determine if it is a mobile devices hitting the page? i..e. if it is a mobile device i would like to redirect to a special page for mobile device
    th
    dave

    dave, May 13, 2004
  4. Hi Dave,

    Glad to hear that you have settled down it.

    You can use the REQUEST object to identify the OS, browser version of the
    request and then judge the client type. Please test it and let me know
    whether it works for you. :)

    Thanks.

    Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT], May 13, 2004
  5. dave

    dave Guest

    I was able to use Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_USER_AGENT") for redirection

    How can I tell if the framework is recognizing it as the correct device?

    dave, May 13, 2004
  6. Hi Dave,

    Thanks for the quick response.

    In MMIT, we can find a class named MobileCapabilities. In this class, we
    can find one property named IsMobileDevice. I think it can be used. Also,
    we can use like:

    This following example demonstrates the use of Browser property of
    MobileCapability class.

    public void Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
    MobileCapabilities currentCapabilities
    = (MobileCapabilities)Request.Browser;
    if (currentCapabilities.Browser !="IE")
    {
    lblNotice.Text = "Best viewed with Internet Explorer";

    For blackberry emulator, I think there should be also some monitor tool so
    that you can watch the http request header fields. The above Browser
    property is inherited from the System.Web.HttpBrowserCapabilities class.
    Example values include: Pocket IE, Microsoft Explorer, Nokia, Phone.com,
    Ericsson, and i-mode. I think we can differ them by these values.

    Does that answer your question?

    Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT], May 14, 2004
  7. dave

    dave Guest