Browser compatibility problem...

conckrish

Hi All,

I have an asp.net application which contains one signup form.When
I run in IE 6.0,its working fine as for my design.. But when I run in
Mozilla, there are some 10 - 15 px extra bottom -padding between each
textbox control.( I have placed the whole form inside a table and each
textbox contols in diff cells of the table and each cells having
corresponding CSS ).. Anyone tell me how to avoid this Browser
compatibility problem....

Thanx,
Robert

Alan Silver

Hi All,

I have an asp.net application which contains one signup form.When
I run in IE 6.0,its working fine as for my design.. But when I run in
Mozilla, there are some 10 - 15 px extra bottom -padding between each
textbox control.( I have placed the whole form inside a table and each
textbox contols in diff cells of the table and each cells having
corresponding CSS ).. Anyone tell me how to avoid this Browser
compatibility problem....

Sounds like a pure CSS problem, not related to ASP.NET at all. Without
seeing any code, it's hard to know, but extra space sounds like you have
a doctype without an URL that triggers quirks mode in IE. That makes it
use the non-standards box model, in which it treats padding and margins
differently from the way the W3C recommends.

Best thing to do is...

1) Check you have an URL in the doctype

2) strip the page down to a plain (X)HTML and CSS one that demonstrates
the problem

3) make sure your (X)HTML and CSS both validate 100%

4) post the sample page somewhere public and ask in
news:comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets where the experts will
sort you out in no time.

Be warned, if your (X)HTML and/or CSS do not validate, then you will not
get a lot of help, nor will you solve your problem with ease. Valid code
is the first step.

HTH