Browser Timeouts with CGIC/Apache.

chad.vice

I have a program built with Tom Boutell's CGIC library that generates
reporting output on-the-fly. At times this generation can take a long
time, and timeouts occur while users wait for the page results to be
displayed.

To alleviate this problem, I'd like to display a notification to the
user that "the report will be e-mailed upon completion" and then keep
the CGI alive to finish processing and e-mailing.

In my code I manually closed the cgiOut handle and tested that the code
does in fact live on. However, as soon as I open a cursor for database
work, it appears that the CGI stops executing -- I have tested this by
placing printf debug statements throughout the code.

I would appreciate any suggestions as to how I might accomplish this
with a fork or by some other means.

Thanks in advance,
Chad Vice

--
PLEASE NOTE: comp.infosystems.www.authoring.cgi is a
SELF-MODERATED newsgroup. aa.net and boutell.com are

HOW TO POST to comp.infosystems.www.authoring.cgi:
http://www.thinkspot.net/ciwac/howtopost.html