Browser: view/text size/smallest to largest

Sanitarium

Can I control properties and output when viewers change the size
of their text view and how or if it also relates to resolution?

Example 1: I have frames that when text size is changed, some of
the content disappears outside of the frameset.

Example 2: table cells go out of whack (cell creates new row)
when text size is changed.

Example 3: also to prevent word wrap in above examples.

Thanx for all your help!

rf

Sanitarium said:
Can I control properties and output when viewers change the size
of their text view and how or if it also relates to resolution?
No.

Example 1: I have frames that when text size is changed, some of
the content disappears outside of the frameset.

Your design is therefore broken.
Example 2: table cells go out of whack (cell creates new row)
when text size is changed.

Change your design so it does not matter what the font size is.
Example 3: also to prevent word wrap in above examples.

See above

Cheers
Richard.

Whitecrest

Can I control properties and output when viewers change the size
of their text view and how or if it also relates to resolution?

You can control anyone that uses the browser out of the box. If they
change anything then you can not guarantee that you are in control any
more. (Actually you have more control over that, but it always causes an
argument here, and with Christmas spirit lets just say you lose control)
Example 1: I have frames that when text size is changed, some of
the content disappears outside of the frameset.
Example 2....
Example 3...

Welcome to the real world. These are some of the issues you have to
deal with when you want to control things on the client. You can
control this to a point by putting the content inside a DIV, then sizing
the DIV the exact same size as it's container (frame, cell etc...).

But on the other side of the coin the only people it will screw up on
are people that can't see, and the design is wasted on them anyhow...
(yes, that was tongue and cheek)