button hyperlink

bob8000

Hi everyone

Could someone tell me how to solve the following problem within Visual
Web Developer (ASP.NET and VB.NET)

I have a datalist with an embedded repeater to display the item and
it's price

how do I include a single linkbutton with each item that would be for
linking to the item's detail page.

for example

I have 5 items listed on a page, each item as a seperate buy now
button.

I now need to add a button of some sort that would hyperlink to a
details page that as been selected.

In my database I have a field called DescFileName which has the
hyperlink for each item that will be displayed.

How do I get the button to get this information from the database.

Thanks Bob8000

daokfella

You have a datalist with an embedded repeater? So you are showing a
collection of items that each have their own collection?

I don't think I quite understand your problem since the solution seems
so easy. If you are binding to a datasource, just make sure your
datasource contains your DescFileName field. Then you can bind the
NavigateUrl property of a hyperlink to it. If you want to use buttons
(which personally I don't like), you could bind to the CommandArgument
property. It could them be retrieved during the ItemCommand event.