C++ interface

The Directive

Is there a way in C++ to create a "true" interface. I want to create
an absract class that other classes can inherit from and be forced to
implement the interface's abstract (pure virtual) methods. However, it
has to be a true interface in that it doesn't add any overhead (when
the derived object is created) with the interface's constructors and
destructor because they don't exist for the interface. Does that make
sense? I just want an interface, not all the OOP stuff like
constructors, destructor and etc. In other words, I don't want the
interface's (system default or user defined) constructors & destructor
to be called.