C++ Sockets

crashnburn

Hi there,

I was wondering if C++ has some kind of default new socket wrapper, that
avoids many lines of code. Maybe there is a good C++ library?

Any ideas? I'm using UNIX, but portability would be great.

Regards

Victor Bazarov

crashnburn said:
I was wondering if C++ has some kind of default new socket wrapper, that
avoids many lines of code.

No, it most certainly doesn't.
Maybe there is a good C++ library?

Try looking for a post (happens here once a month or so) from
Nikki Locke, titled "Available C++ Libraries FAQ". It has
a link to an online list of various libraries, communications
is probably one of the sections there.
Any ideas? I'm using UNIX, but portability would be great.

Maybe you should ask in a UNIX programming newsgroup?...

Victor

Artie Gold

crashnburn said:
Hi there,

I was wondering if C++ has some kind of default new socket wrapper, that
avoids many lines of code. Maybe there is a good C++ library?

Any ideas? I'm using UNIX, but portability would be great.

Standard C++, the topic of this newsgroup, knows not of sockets.
Therefore your question is decidedly off-topic.

--ag

[hint: do a web search "C++ sockets" and you'll find plenty of options]