CACHE callback - not fired on recycling?

an

I've implemented a call-back function
to repopulate the stored Cache objects
when they expires or are removed

it works great
but
in one situation only it doesen't work
(that is the callback is not fired):

when,
I presume (I'm not sure),

the server recycles something
(or recycles the Cache objects,
or recycles the whole .asp application,
or it recycles something else, I don't know)

but, surely, the callback doesn't work.

What is the server recycling?
Why the callback is not fired?

bruce barker

a recycle is when the appdomain is unloaded and loaded. the cache
callback happens to the appdomain being unloaded, but the loaded
appdomain is a fresh start, so its an empty cache which no objects or
callback registered.

a recycle is done under several conditions, timeout between requests,
too much memory, code changes, etc.

note: a recycle also clears inproc sessions

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)