Cache or Session state throwing out of Memory Exception when using datagrid

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Marisha, Mar 2, 2006.

  1. Marisha

    Marisha Guest

    Hi Guys,

    I have a question,what is the best way to preserve dataset in web
    application and how to use it correctly for web application.
    (Cache object,Session or Application state)

    I tested Session and Cache and both giving me out of memory exception
    when I'm dealing with datagrid with 900-950 rows and trying to edit
    some data.
    Datagrid is bound to dataset that I save in Session or cache.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks,

    Marina

    Marisha, Mar 2, 2006

  2. Marisha

    Marisha Guest

    I'm keepeng rows of data in dataset, just typical data around 15
    columns,most of the time my grid will have between 30-60 rows,only in
    rare cases it will have 900 rows,but there are such cases i need to
    handle them.When i edit rows in grid that has 900+ rows i get this
    exception.
    Server has 2GB RAM.

    thanks,
    Marina