Calendar Controls and Open Parameters

Guest

Hi, I've created many MS Access databases that report info from a DB2/400
system here, and I am trying to learn to put these into web applications.

I am using the following walkthrough as a guide to create an application in
visual basice.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/e...ngwebapplicationusingvisualcorvisualbasic.asp

I've setup everything nearly the same as in the walkthrough. I'm using a
table in a SQL Server 2000 as the source data. It is really not too much
different from the example, except that it has a date that I need to leave as
an open parameter and tie to the calendar control. I'd like data to display
on selection change in the calendar or from a submit button once the date is
selected, but I have two problems.

1. I've created an open parameter in the query builder by simply putting a ?
as the criteria for date. I don't know what to do with this next and how to
tie it to the date selected on the calendar.

2. When I just select a single date as the criteria and fill the dataset and
bind it to the datagrid on page load, it works fine. I'm not sure if this
same method will work for a selectionchanged on the calendar.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.