Calling a webservice using Kerberos

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by ALI-R, Jan 20, 2005.

  1. ALI-R

    ALI-R Guest

    I'm writing a webpart which is supposed to connect to a Webserice in our
    interanet.I am using "RSService.Credentials =
    System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials;"to Authenticate to the
    webservice.but it dosn't work.why?

    I think SharePoint which hosts my webpart authenticate the user requesting
    my webpart and because credential lasts only for one connection ,when web
    part wants to call webservice there is no credenatial anymore and I get 401
    (Unauthorized) Error.I was told to use Kerberos because it flows the user
    identity,but I don't know how to use it in this scenario.

    Is there somebody who can give me some hints?

    Thanks

    ALI-R, Jan 20, 2005

  2. Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\), Jan 20, 2005

  3. ALI-R

    Chris Rolon Guest

    As Jow said you need to read up on delegation. Basicalliy you need to enable
    the server and the account for delegation. Then the credentials will flow.

    Chris Rolon

    Chris Rolon, Jan 24, 2005