Calling an event procedure from page load

Guest

I have an ASP.NET application in which I would like to call my button click
event (imgSubmitSearch_Click) on the page load if certain criteria are met.
Is this possible?

What is the correct syntax to be able to programmatically have my
imgSubmitSearch button clicked? I tried the obvious, Call imgSubmitSearch,
but intellisense doesn't like that due to the sender / e arguments.

Private Sub imgSubmitSearch_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As
System.Web.UI.ImageClickEventArgs) Handles imgSubmitSearch.Click

Peter Rilling

Well, since you can call any method, an event method is no exception. You
just have to provide the arguments yourself. So if you do not need the "e"
argument, then maybe just pass a nothing.

Calling an event handler directly is usually a bad idea. A better design
would be to determine what in the handler you want to reuse and place the
code in its own method that both the ..._Click and Page_Load event can call.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Jason,

As Peter has mentioned, you can assign the two parameters(source and e)
yourself, e.g:

our function ()
{

btnTest_Click( this, EventArgs.Empty);
}

Also, for your scenario, you need to let some of your code logic be
executable through both ASP.NET page's User interface(interactively) and
your own code logic (programmatically), I think it'll be better you
separate those code into a new function. e.g:

btnTest_Click(object source, EventArgs e)
{
btnTest_Click_Function();
}

thus, you can just call the "btnTest_Click_Function" in other place where
you want to programmatically execute those code logic...

Hope helps. Thanks,

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)
--------------------
| From: "Peter Rilling" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: Calling an event procedure from page load
| Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 08:24:28 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| Well, since you can call any method, an event method is no exception.
You
| just have to provide the arguments yourself. So if you do not need the
"e"
| argument, then maybe just pass a nothing.
|
| Calling an event handler directly is usually a bad idea. A better design
| would be to determine what in the handler you want to reuse and place the
| code in its own method that both the ..._Click and Page_Load event can
call.

| | >I have an ASP.NET application in which I would like to call my button
click
| > event (imgSubmitSearch_Click) on the page load if certain criteria are
| > met.
| > Is this possible?
| >
| > What is the correct syntax to be able to programmatically have my
| > imgSubmitSearch button clicked? I tried the obvious, Call
| > imgSubmitSearch,
| > but intellisense doesn't like that due to the sender / e arguments.
| >
| > Private Sub imgSubmitSearch_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal
| > As
| > System.Web.UI.ImageClickEventArgs) Handles imgSubmitSearch.Click

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Jason,

How are you doing on this question or does our reply help you a little? If
there're anything else we can help, please feel free to post here.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)
--------------------
| From: (e-mail address removed) (Steven Cheng[MSFT])
| Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 06:30:09 GMT
| Subject: Re: Calling an event procedure from page load
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| Hi Jason,
|
| As Peter has mentioned, you can assign the two parameters(source and e)
| yourself, e.g:
|
| our function ()
| {
|
| btnTest_Click( this, EventArgs.Empty);
| }
|

| Also, for your scenario, you need to let some of your code logic be
| executable through both ASP.NET page's User interface(interactively) and
| your own code logic (programmatically), I think it'll be better you
| separate those code into a new function. e.g:
|
| btnTest_Click(object source, EventArgs e)
| {
| btnTest_Click_Function();
| }
|

| thus, you can just call the "btnTest_Click_Function" in other place where
| you want to programmatically execute those code logic...
|
| Hope helps. Thanks,
|
| Regards,
|
| Steven Cheng
| Microsoft Online Support

| rights.)
| --------------------
| | From: "Peter Rilling" <[email protected]>
| | Subject: Re: Calling an event procedure from page load
| | Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 08:24:28 -0800
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
| |
| | Well, since you can call any method, an event method is no exception.
| You
| | just have to provide the arguments yourself. So if you do not need the
| "e"
| | argument, then maybe just pass a nothing.
| |
| | Calling an event handler directly is usually a bad idea. A better
design
| | would be to determine what in the handler you want to reuse and place
the
| | code in its own method that both the ..._Click and Page_Load event can
| call.
| |