Calling COM+ component from webservice

Greg Busby

I'm a newbie with ASP.NET and webservices. I have a webservice that is
calling a C# dll. This dll then calls methods in a VB COM+ component.
The COM+ component is not instantiating correctly. The return value of
the called function is an ADO recordset. Looking at the value of the
variable in the watch window, it is undeclared. So, the function is not
completing. I ran this code from a straight WinForms application and it
worked fine. Is there something about webservices that would prevent me
from doing what I am attempting? I got the following message in he
output window:

Interop.Grading QueryInterface for interface Grading._clsGrading
failed.

Since this COM+ interop code works fine in a WinForms app and not from a
webservice, could the problem be security/permissions? If so, how do I
fix this thing?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Greg