Can I pass BLOB to stored function using DBD::Oracle?

bin_zhouemail

Dear all,

I am in trouble to pass blob to stored function using DBD::Oracle.

A stored function in oracle takes BLOB as input. I can use JDBC . It
works well.

I searched online, didn't find any useful information. In the
document of DBD::Oracle, I was told that "For the time being, only
single-row LOB updates are supported. Also passing LOBS to PL/SQL
blocks doesn't work." I wonder if passing blob to stored function is
supported. I tried "select f:)blob) from dual" and "Begin
:result_blob := f:)input_blob) End", no lucky.

The error message I got is not helpful. It is "ORA-29532: Java call
terminated by uncaught Java exception: java.sql.SQLException: Invalid
empty lob operation". it is a java stored function in oracle. I think
it has nothing to do with my stored function. the question is how I
can pass blob type into the function using perl.

if I use "Passing CLOB to stored procedure and retrieve CLOB too" as
keyword in google searching, I could find a php example. but I don't
know how to use oracle oci directly in perl.

Please help me out. Any input is helpful.