Can sub folder be a website?

brett

On my local machine, I've created an ASP.NET website, which will go
into a sub folder of a website on a remote web server. I did this on
my local machine because at some point, this site will have its own
domain and no longer reside in the web server sub folder.

Everything runs fine on my local machine but on the remote web server,
I get this error:

Configuration Error
file required to service this request. Please review the specific error
details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This
error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an
application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 44: by Microsoft that offers a single logon and core
profile services for member sites.
Line 45: -->
Line 46: <authentication mode="Windows" />
Line 47:
Line 48: <!-- AUTHORIZATION

Is this something to do with having created a website and stuck it into
a sub folder of another website? I also created a bin folder in the
sub and put the sub website's DLL in it. If this is not correct, how
should I be doing it?

Thanks,
Brett

Christopher Reed

Under IIS, make the sub folder an application using Properties under the
Application Settings section on the Virtual Directory tab.