Publishing Website

Jennifer Mathews

I have a solution with multiple projects. On my LOCAL computer in Visual Studio 2008, I
can choose a website, mouse right click, choose Publish and it publishes to my LOCAL
c:\temp\webSiteName directory. It works great. I then use a bat to zip and copy the
published project to the remote web server. (I am doing it this way instead of directly
publishing the project to the website because it takes forever to copy the VERY BIG
published project if it is not zipped.)

I would like to NOT to have to "choose a website, mouse right click, choose Publish" and
do this as part of a my batch file before zip & copy-to-web-server. I am quite mixed-up
about how to do this. I keep finding articles on msbuild and articles on publishing
from Visual Studio, but how to publish from the command line.

Any help\direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks