Can Test/Unit output in XML?

Maung Aung

Hi,

Is there any way that I can get test/unit output file in XML format? Any
helpful advice would be very appreciated.

Thanks,
maung

Richard Conroy

Hi,

Is there any way that I can get test/unit output file in XML format? Any
helpful advice would be very appreciated.

There was a TestReport project on RubyForge, but it's been pulled or
discontinued. I am looking for some kind of test-reporting tool myself
actually. Reporting starts to get pretty important when you are
dealing with tests written by QA.

Jano Svitok

Hi,

Is there any way that I can get test/unit output file in XML format? Any
helpful advice would be very appreciated.

If there's nothing ready, it should not be hard to createa custom
runner/outputter that will write xml.

Have a look at test/unit/ui/console/testrunner.rb how it writes to
console for start.

J.

Jano Svitok

If there's nothing ready, it should not be hard to createa custom
runner/outputter that will write xml.

Have a look at test/unit/ui/console/testrunner.rb how it writes to
console for start.

I have had a look and it's easy to do. The "hardest" part is to define
xml scheme.
Then use xmlbuilder or anything else, and redefine add_fault (two
types here, errors and failures), started, finished, maybe
test_started and test_finished.

J.

Maung Aung

Thanks to all for your suggestions and especially to Andy. It might work
well. Let me try. :)

maung