Can the DataSet be extracted from DataGrid

Kingsley Hill

I am instantiating a grid in one page, calling a routine on another page to
load the a dataset and return the dataset to the first routine for binding
to the grid. Nice idea...only one problem. On the Sort Event (in the grid
containing page) there is no way (that I know of) to access the original
dataset (and thus no way to get a dataview for sorting).

Is there a reliable way to get a dataview (or datatable or dataset) out of
the grid that is passed as a parameter to the On Sort routine?

Or is there some other way of doing this?

Any suggestions?

Thanks