can you pass sender

Guest

hey all,
i have a dropdownlist inside my gridview and i'm specifying the datasource
of the dropdownlist as LoadDropDownList. I was wondering if i can pass it
Sender,Source or something like that? (i.e. LoadDropDownList(sender)?

thanks,
rodchar

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Yes, you can pass the sender and EventArgs. In fact, this is done routinely
to bubble up information (like from a control to a page).

Guest

So if i go to quick tasks for the DropDownList that's inside my GridView
EditTemplate and goto EditDataBindings what do I specify to pass the
DropDownList itself as an argument?

sloan

That's not how it works.

MS is choosing the "object sender" in that case.

When you wire up your own events, handlers, and subclassed EventArg .......
you can then specify a sender.

You have to figure out what you need to do with the subclassed EventArg that
you are given for the events in a GridView.

You can search for "FindControl", but that is usually done WITHIN THE
CONTEXT OF YOUR GRIDVIEW.
As in, if you have a ddl in inside your GridView, you can find it.