Cannot find DBD::Informix for ActivePerl 5.8.3

Niall

I have installed the DBI module for ActivePerl5.8.3 and I can now
communicate with my Informix database using the ODBC drivers.

i.e , if I run the following code

my @drivers = DBI->available_drivers();
print "\nThe following DBD-Drivers/Datasources are available:\n";
foreach my $driver (@drivers)
{
print "Driver: [$driver]\n";
next if $driver =~ /proxy/i;
my @datasources = DBI->data_sources($driver);
foreach my $datasource (@datasources)
{
print "\t$datasource\n";

I can see the following
The following DBD-Drivers/Datasources are available:
Driver: [DBM]
DBI:DBM:f_dir=.
DBI:DBM:f_dir=backup
DBI:DBM:f_dir=Perl Scripts
Driver: [ExampleP]
dbi:ExampleP:dir=.
Driver: [File]
DBI:File:f_dir=.
DBI:File:f_dir=backup
DBI:File:f_dir=Perl Scripts
Driver: [ODBC]
DBI:ODBC:MS Access Database
DBI:ODBC:Excel Files
DBI:ODBC:Visual FoxPro Database
DBI:ODBC:Visual FoxPro Tables
DBI:ODBC:dBASE Files
DBI:ODBC:MQIS
DBI:ODBC:Xtreme Sample Database
DBI:ODBC:new_tktest
DBI:ODBC:eek:l_histinf
Driver: [Proxy]
Driver: [Sponge]

The DBI:ODBC:new_tktest and DBI:ODBC:eek:l_histinf both provide
connections to my informix database.
I have written some simple scripts and verified that I can retrieve
data

However , I would like to connect to Informix directly rather than go
via ODBC. When I run ppm and enter the command 'Search DBD' I can see
87 different drivers , but none relating to Informix .

Can anyone suggest how I do this ?

Many thanks
Niall

lynn

Hi Niall,

Niall wrote:
(snipped)
However , I would like to connect to Informix directly rather than go
via ODBC. When I run ppm and enter the command 'Search DBD' I can see
87 different drivers , but none relating to Informix .

Can anyone suggest how I do this ?

The reason you cannot find it is because no one has made a ppm
for this. One reason is that this depends on having the client libraries
available. You may want to contact the author of the Informix DBD
module Jonathan Leffler he may have created a ppd distribution.sutable
for you version of informix.

Lynn

Niall

You may want to contact the author of the Informix DBD
module Jonathan Leffler he may have created a ppd distribution.sutable
for you version of informix.

Lynn

Thanks Lynn

Looks like I should redirect this query to comp.databases.informix

Niall