Cannot find server or DNS Error

Dan Bart

I have developed an ASP.NET application (VB.NET) using Visual
Studio.NET 2002 and .NET Framework 1.0 Version 1.0.3705
This application is being hosted on a dedicated web server 2.4GHz
machine with 768 MB of RAM. Server operating system is Windows 2000 Server.
The application uses MSDE which is on the same machine. Users access
application through:
http://computername/appname

The application had been running fine for a couple of weeks but
yesterday users got the "Cannot find server or DNS Error" page a couple of
times. And after a couple of minutes users were able to access everything
just fine.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks,

db

Chris Jackson

Have the users who are having troubles run nslookup on your machine name,
and compare that to the ip address of that machine.