Cannot use a leading .. to exit above the top directory.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Tom, Dec 11, 2003.

  1. Tom

    Tom Guest

    Hi,

    I have a stored procedure and a method to insert data to
    it.

    i = (int)SqlHelper.ExecuteScalar
    (Web.CommonBase.ConnectionString,
    CommandType.StoredProcedure, "AddProducts", arParms);

    I used breakpoint to check the value of i (int). It is '0'
    and data cannot be inserted to DB.

    And the aspx page shows the following error:
    Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Cannot use a
    leading .. to exit above the top directory.

    What does this error mean and how to fix it?

    Thanks

    Tom, Dec 11, 2003

  2. Tom

    Ken Schaefer Guest

    My guess is that somewhere you are doing something like ../resource.ext
    The leading .. is taking you out of the top folder for your application.

    Cheers
    Ken

    : Hi,
    :