Cannot use a Leading .. Error

Will Chamberlain

I am getting the following error:

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Cannot use a leading .. to
exit above the top directory

The function that throws the error is:

Public Function GetCommentLink() As String

If Not CBool(cfg.GetConfig("cfgLockComments")) And Not
CStr(dtr("post_Comments")).ToUpper = "NOC" Then

Return _
& "<a href=" & cfg.PostPermalinkURI(CInt(dtr("post_ID")),
CStr(dtr("post_Title"))) & ">" _
& loc.GetString("Comments") _
& " (" & CInt(dtr("cmt_CmtCnt")) & ")</a>"

Else
Return ""

End If

End Function
___________________

I've Googled this error and the consensus is that it has something to do
with security in the way you reference a directory. Any suggestions on
how to fix this? It is a blog engine that I am trying to install.

Will Chamberlain

Thanks for the prompt response Tim. The only problem is that I am on a
shared host (Brinkster) so I don't have physical access to IIS. Are
there any workarounds for this given my current situation?

Patrice

You could try to replace .. with the proper absolute or application web root
relative path...